Low Stakes Testing in the Mathematics Classroom (PowerPoint File, takes a few moments to download)
Slides from the BERA Conference, Learning from the classroom – Practitioner research in mathematics education – July 2016
There are many hyperlinks provided in the presentation, for ease of access these are also provided below:
- Is the Feedback You’re Giving Students Helping or Hindering? Dylan Wiliam, 2014
- What Makes Great Teaching Review of the underpinning research.Robert Coe, Cesare Aloisi, Steve Higgins and Lee Elliot Major,October 2014
- Students on good Maths Teacherrs
- Mini Tests
- Aural Tests
- Desmos Graphing Calculator
- Learn to use WolframAlpha includes many useful examples including queries fo younger students.
- Here’s the Diagramm, What’s the Question?
- Algebra Snippetts
- Good Mathematicians Can Go Backwards!
- Research in 100 Words, Chris Moyse
- Improving Students’ Learning With Effective Learning Techniques: Promising Directions From Cognitive and Educational Psychology John Dunlosky, Katherine A. Rawson , Elizabeth J. Marsh, Mitchell J. Nathan, and Daniel T. Willingham
- What Works, What Doesn’t
- Highlighting is a Waste of Time
- Learn How To Study Using Retrieval Practice, Learning Scientists, June 2016,
- What is worth reading for teachers interested in research? Professor Robert Coe, June 2016
- 7 Recommendations to Improve Student Learning based on Pashier et al, 2007 – Organising Instruction & Study to Improve Student Learning, Belmont Teach
- Test-Enhanced Learning in the Classroom: Long-Term Improvements From Quizzing – 2011, Henry L. Roediger III, Pooja K. Agarwal, Mark A. McDaniel, and Kathleen B. McDermott Washington University in St. Louis, 2011
- Retrieval as a Memory Modifier: an interpretation of negative recency and related phenomena.
Robert A Bjork, 1975
- Who’s the most tested one of all? Tim Oates, 2016