- Here’s the diagram – what’s the question, see also Algebra Snippets
- The Collective Memory resources on TES can make an excellent revision activity, students look at posters and then have to understand and recall that information. These can be used in a variety of ways which are fully described in the article; there are numerous Collective Memory resources on TES.
On the subject of TES, there is an extensive collection of high quality (free) revision resources. Note the numerous 5 star reviews given for many of these resources. You can filter the search by age using the criteria on the left of the page or the tabs at the top; see revision resources for 14-16 for example.
- Mini-tests (or self checks)
- Treasure Hunts – see the sample resources on Mathsbox for some lovely resources; MathsBox is now a (very good value in my opinion) subscription site with an extensive collection of quality resources; even without a subscription there are many free samples so you can see and use several very useful resources. The settlers and Bingo activities are ideal for a series of short recall / revision type questions. To see the collection of free samples, see this page then choose Samples and choose a resource type from the menu on the left. I do like the attractive presentation of the resources on this site (as well as the content of course!) Treasure Hunts will get students moving round the room. See also Loop Activities / Treasure Hunts. On the subject of moving round the room, you could try an activity using post-its; see for example this Surds post-it challenge on TES.
- Tarsia puzzles, these are available for all ages including post 16.
- On Maths Teaching – Higher Level Revision Activities is a series of short starters for GCSE revision.
- Mega Revision from Ben Cooper. (Ben has produced many high quality resources which you can find at coops-online.co.uk).
- On Mr WilliamsMaths Mr Williams has a great GCSE Revision collection, including several here but many others also.
Return to Revision Activities Menu