Note how useful the DfE, document GCSE content is, exam boards must include this content.
On the GCSE New Content page the major changes to the GCSE specification are noted. This page has links to resources for that new content and will be regularly updated.
For information on the KS2 and KS3 curriculum (essential as this impacts on KS4) see the new Key Stage 3 programme of study and from La Salle education a very useful document: Annotated KS3 Curriculum Changes which is annotated clearly with changes at Key Stage 3. Note that you can also find information on changes to the Primary curriculum in this collection of resources; note the Primary Maths Hokey Cokey. See also this very clear post from Michael Tidd on 10 things you might not have realised about the new Primary Maths curriculum. See also KS2 Mathematics 2016 teacher assessment exemplification, and the KS1 version.
A very useful source of ideas, a site I have always found valuable, Kenny’s Pouch which includes many free resources for the new National Curriculum – see for example Kangaroo Maths on “Assessment Key Stage 2/3 – A gradual shift to assessing without levels.”
Ratio, proportion and rates of change
Expand three brackets
Functions – introduction and further resources: Functions
Use Desmos to explore tangents to a curve
Use Desmos to explore circles and tangents
Introducing Calculus – blog post & resources
BBC Bitesize – Finding the equation of a tangent to a circle
Circles & tangents – Diagnostic Questions Quiz
Check work on WolframAlpha
Desmos for inequalities – including quadratic
Venn Diagrams (select for post featuring many resources)
From Nrich Prize Giving and note the Frequency Tree representation
From TES: Frequency Trees
Also on TES: Dave Gale’s excellent Frequency Trees Resource
- AQA GCSE Maths
- AQA Assessment Resources
- AQA Teaching Guidance Extract
- AQA All About Maths – many resources for teachers who offer, or are considering offering AQA maths qualifications.
- AQA Bridging the Gap excellent resources, useful too for ideas to teach KS3.
- AQA Topic Tests
- AQA Exemplar Student Responses for trial of practice papers
- OCR GCSE (9-1) Maths
- OCR Check in tests scroll down to Teaching and Learning Resources
- Further details on OCR Resources
- Edexcel GCSE Maths Edexcel Mathematics 9-1
- Edexcel Teacher Support, includes many Practice Papers
- Edexcel Mathematics Emporium – many valuable resources, teachers using any board can register
- Eduqas GCSE (9-1) Mathematics
- TES – Series of articles by Craig Barton on the new specifications.
‘Inspect the spec’ by topic.
- Transition Units – Cambridge
- Rich Tasks
- Rich Questions
- From Just Maths: 9-1 Exam questions by topic
- Resourceaholic from Jo Morgan – links to support the teaching of new topics in GCSE Mathematics.